Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thank You, Rachel!

Rachel had a very long day with Jess.  She arrived at 9:00 a.m. and left at almost 9:00 p.m. with an hour break to go home for dinner.  She took Jess to Wendy's for lunch, a playground to get fresh air and exercise then to the "zoo" (Kee's Pet Store), which Jessie LOVES to go to. 

I left early and went to Dimitri's for breakfast, Walgreen's for prescription medication, Tim Horton's for a special Pumpkin Spice Muffin for Debbie, Family Christian Stores for cards, books and a gift, then to drop off Service Notes to Jessie's Case Worker.  She was supposed to come to us but I offered to drop off the papers since I was driving right by on my way to the hospital to see Debbie. 

I was so thrilled to see her and to be able to talk to her.  She went for a walk for the first time while I was there and did great, since she can't use her arms to help herself up or down with the walker.  If her chest tube comes out tonight, she may be able to come home tomorrow, but they weren't sure when I left.  Soon though.

When I left I drove through Wendy's and had a chicken wrap then to JoAnn's for name tags for Friday's Cupcake Social. Finally the post office and home.  I had about an hours before the Stephen Ministry Ladies were scheduled to arrive for our monthly meeting.  There were only 4 of us, yet we had a very nice time together.  Marilyn helped me by bringing dessert: home made fruit salsa and pita cinnamon chips.  It was very very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment