Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me !!!

October 1 - around 8:00 p.m. - 61 years ago tonight I made an entrance into the world.  When I was 18 I never thought I'd live to be 21.  Here I'm in my 60's!  Wonder how that happened?

Debbie bought my favorite breakfast this morning and we ate together.  McDonald's pancakes and sausage for me.  Sounds crazy, but they have the best pancakes.  I don't like sausauge, but theirs is really good.

Debbie and Jess left to do some last minute shopping and I had some time alone with God, which was perfect for today.  Then I met Chris at Younger's in Romeo for lunch.  We had "bottomless" caesar salad and alfredo penne pasta with a blackened breast of chicken on top.  Neither one of us got seconds and took part of our meal home.   I ate all the chicken but Jon really enjoyed the left-over pasta for his dinner.

Jess gave me a gift card from FCS, a mum plant and a Bill Knapp's chocolate cake: my favorite!  Debbie, Jess and I had cake and ice cream at 4:00 p.m.  (Jessie's snack time.)  Debbie also gave me a FCS gift card.  I'm all set.  I can't wait to go down and buy myself something. 

I should have done paper work today because I'm really far behind because of my week away, but instead I avoided the table and read instead.  After all, it is my birthday.

When Jon got home he gave me a gift card from Barnes and Noble! Plus gifts from Bath and Body Works.  Now I'll smell extra nice when I read my books!

I've received phone calls (some with singing Happy Birthday), text messages, e-mails and FB birthday greetings.  I am very blessed to have so many friends.  Thank you, Jesus!  Friends are a special blessing.

Whenever I have a birthday I will always remember my mom (among other days).  Mom called each one of us kids and sang "Happy Birthday" to us on our special day, although she had the most horrible voice you ever heard.  I'm not being mean, just stating the facts.  I will forever miss that, even though my sister did a good job of it this morning!

1 comment:

  1. Special day for Special Lady. Glad you had a great day. My grandkids can't understand how my mom is still living - she is 86 and I at 61 am the same age as my daughter in laws Grandma. Becky

    ReplyDelete