Monday, October 7, 2013

Whose Birthday Did We Celebrate?




If it weren't for me wearing the cake glasses in the top picture, you'd think we were celebrating Jessie's birthday!  The "Glory Girls" met tonight at Shield's Pizza to celebrate my birthday and Pat's, which is at the end of the month.  It was great getting together with Lynn, Mary, Pat, Shannon, and Andrea.  Only Caroline was missing - although not really since we knew she was in Florida.

Jon worked tonight and Rachel had school late, so I took Jess with me, hoping our evening would be as good as the Women's Sing I went to last week.  NOT.  When we arrived, there were only 2 other people in the restaurant.  By the time we left, it was packed with people and kids.  The more she got aggitated, the louder and more she talked.  I couldn't hear anything that the ladies were talking about.  I was disappointed.

Jess was very upset with the lady clown, and I thought she was going to have heart-failure when she saw Sponge Bob. She was panic stricken, to say the least.  The pictures were taken about a half hour of calming her down.  When she first saw the clown come in the restaurant, she stared at her, looked at me and said, "What's that?"  At that moment, I didn't know that it was character night.  I finally got her to take a picture with Sponge Bob after convincing her it was a girl in a Halloween costume.

She talked constantly all the way home and for an hour after we got home.  I couldn't handle it anymore, so I took her upstairs and put her to bed with my "blue" iPad.  She's still talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment