Sunday, October 27, 2013

Today Would Have Been Bill's 67th Birthday

Believe it or not, I forgot all about it until Jon and I were at church tonight for a special meeting and the date was announced.  Doreen told me she had been praying for me all day, and I'm glad she did.  Otherwise, I might have gotten melancholy.  Or not.  I don't know.  I do know that I would have reminded Bill that he was 6 years older than me.  Since we met that was a running "argument", as I was born on October 1 and he was born on the 27th. 

Jon went to first service, I went to second, then the 3 of us met Chris, Sean and Ashley at Kwong Tong for a Chinese lunch.  It's pretty much a "safe" place to take Jess since there usually aren't many people in there and she loves sweet and sour chicken with the rice and egg roll. 

Jon made me a map of area restaurants that I offered to do for a SM conference next Saturday.  Chris came and watched Jessie while Jon and I went back to church for a meeting on a proposed building addition.  I'm very thankful she came so that I could be part of the meeting.  "Thanks again, Chris!"

No comments:

Post a Comment